Month: January 2014

A new Winding Spool for the Monotype

I made myself a Winding Spool for my Monotype caster, to take up the ribbon as the machine reads it. The internal mechanism is similar but not identical to the standard part. The main difference is that the part know

Monotype Ribbon Repair Details

The one ribbon I have to test out composition casting on my Monotype was in rather sad shape. It had several kill lines which cause casting problems by allowing the mould to chill too much, and it had also been

2013 Mulberry Fibre Harvest

It was a bit late, but I finally got around to harvesting the stems off my mulberry plant for fibre. Over the summer we had been pulling off suckers so the stems grow long and thick with little side branching.