Moulds and Deckles

The mould and deckle are fundamental to western dip-style papermaking. For Japanese papermaking, the corresponding items are the su and keta (together called a sugeta), and for pour-style sheetforming, one generally has a mould and deckle box.

We have essentially two styles of mould and deckle sets that we sell: Our Maple Mould sets have wooden frames, and our Polyethylene Mould sets have frames cut from a solid piece of ¾” polyethylene. Both are fitted with fine polypropylene heat-shrink screening. The larger sizes of polyethylene sets are also available with ribs to support the screen.

Papertrail Moulds